Monday, July 30, 2007

American Cookin' (DV0112)

Season One, Episode Twelve

American Cookin' - Original Airdate 7/30/2007

Guy Fieri checks out some longtime joints at the heart of their communities.


Video from Al's Breakfast 0:00-4:55; Dari-Ette Drive-In 4:55-8:04
Video from Rosie's Diner, click here
Video from the Russian River Pub, click here

Al's Breakfast - (no website)
413 14th Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN, 55414 - map
(612) 331-9991

Rosie's Diner - website
4500 14 Mile Rd NE, Rockford, MI, 49341 - map
(616) 866-3663
www.rosiesdiner.com

Russian River Pub - website
11829 River Rd, Forestville, CA, 95436 - map
(707) 887-7932
www.russianriverpub.com

Dari-ette Drive-In - (no website)
1440 Minnehaha Ave E., Saint Paul, MN, 55106 - map
(651) 776-3470

No recipes in this episode

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rosie's Diner,
Just wanted to let you know that my husband and I were there for lunch on Monday. We got the info from the Diners, Drive-ins and Dives show. We were quite disappointed with our meals. My husband said the Chocolate shake was great. The Sloppy Joe was unimpressive, he said the meal was OK. Frozen fries should be banned.

I had the Hot Turkey sandwich, and it was quite awful! The bread was fresh, and I thought the potatoes were quite tasty, but that is where it ended. First of all it was not hot. The turkey was dry and tasteless, my guess would be that it was overcooked to begin with and then nuked. But the very worst part was the gravy! The gravy looked like a lumpy, congealed, colorless mess and tasted worse than it looked. Somebody needs to learn how to cook!

I know that the Diner itself is old, but it was also dirty inside. The bottoms of the tables around us had crumbs and spills on their bases, and the walls and floors had stains and spills. There were dried food splashes on the salt and pepper shakers too.

I must tell you that the staff was very friendly and helpful. They offered to reheat my meal, but I did not think that that would help so I declined. They were very apologetic as well, but did not offer to adjust the bill. I am sure that the owners can probably not afford to do so.